- Would you tell us about your current job?
- Before I was in charge of agrochemicals. Now I provide support in the areas of polyolefins, chemicals and power plants. I am also in charge of coordinating IT-related infrastructure at our office.
My father's 62nd birthday party
- What is the most rewarding part of your job?
- Like other offices, the Nairobi office practices job rotation so we are sometimes assigned to tasks that are completely different from what we have done in the past. It is quite a challenge to have to start afresh, but at the same time taking on new challenges makes me more motivated.
With staff from the Nairobi office, centered on office General Manager, Mr. Hasnein
- Is there anything that surprised you about working with Japanese people?
- The Japanese way of doing business is completely different from that of local companies. There is a discipline that permeates the entire workforce. I think this is very important for achieving global success.
- Is there anything that took you by surprise when you first joined the company?
- I was very surprised to learn the breadth of its business and the diversity of the products it deals with from watching the Sumitomo Corporation Group introduction DVD. Now, I am very happy to work for a company that operates such a wide variety of businesses.
- If you don’t mind, please tell me your goal in the future.
- My ultimate goal is to rise to the pinnacle of our office, and I am working hard to reach that level. It will be a long journey but I have begun taking the steps, and I believe I will be able to achieve this by combining my own efforts with the wealth of experience that I can gain from my seniors. I think it’s important that female employees play an active role in the company to create a vibrant atmosphere at work, and I hope I can contribute to that.