- What kind of job are you engaged in?
- I am engaged in the import and export business in the Chemical and Electronics Business Unit at the Milano Head Office. Since our department deals with a large variety of products ranging from rubber and ink to semiconductors, companies that we deal also cover a wide spectrum. Every day is very busy but very exciting.
I feel that I have been growing as a professional since I joined Sumitomo Corporation. The best moment in the course of my work is when we conclude a big contract. When a project with which I have been involved from the preparatory stage bears fruit, I can feel that "I have contributed to the company."
During the business trip in Japan for the Inter Office Training program of Sumitomo Corporation on July 2011.
- What were your first impressions of Sumitomo Corporation?
- When I researched Sumitomo Corporation on the Internet before I joined it, I had an image of it as "a big company that operates its business worldwide," but I did not clearly understand the business categories of general trading company. After I began working for the company, I realized that it had a high profile even in Italy, and it is often the case that even people who I meet for the first time are willing to listen to me as a Sumitomo employee. Particularly in the area of chemical products, the company started business about 50 years ago, and therefore, it has conducted a lot of business with major Italian companies thus far. Although the Milano Office is a small one with only 12 employees, the reputation for reliability that we have cultivated over a long time allows us to fight above our weight.
With my girlfriend in Sardinia on August 2011.
- What's your favorite dish?
- Since I have countless things that I want to do on my days off, such as reading books and working out at the gym, I rarely cook dishes that take a full day to make. However, I have confidence in my pasta ability. In Italy, we use the expression "al dente" to describe the desired texture of pasta that is cooked only until it offers a slight resistance when bitten into. The taste of simple pasta dishes depends on how pasta is boiled. If you eat my pasta that is cooked perfectly al dente, you will not be able to order pasta at ordinary restaurants.
Holiday in Cape Town, South Africa on January 2006.