Apr. 19, 2011
Sumitomo Corporation Joins the World's Largest Wind Farm Project in Oregon
Sumitomo Corporation (Chuo-ku, Tokyo; President and CEO: Susumu Kato) in conjunction with its subsidiary Sumitomo Corporation of America has joined GE (NYSE:GE) and developer and managing member Caithness Energy as owners of the world's largest wind farm, the 845-megawatt Shepherds Flat wind project under construction near Arlington, Oregon.
<Outline of the Shepherds Flat wind project>
- Location: Oregon State, United States
- Capacity: 845 MW (338 GE turbines)
- Total project cost: Approximately US$ 2 billion
- Sumitomo Investment: Approximately US$ 200 million
- Full commercial Operation: 2012 summer
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, please see the press release of Sumitomo Corporation of America.
- Sumitomo Expands Renewable Energy Portfolio as Joint Owner of World's Largest Wind Farm in Oregon (2011/4/19)
Corporate Communications Department,