Mar. 21, 2013
Nippon Steel & Sumikin Metal Products Co., Ltd.
Sumisho Tekko Hanbai Co., Ltd.
Kyoei Steel Ltd.
Opening Ceremony Held by NIPPON STEEL & SUMIKIN METAL PRODUCTS VIETNAM CO., LTD., a Joint Venture Company for Manufacturing and Selling Steel Construction Products in Vietnam
TOKYO - NIPPON STEEL & SUMIKIN METAL PRODUCTS VIETNAM CO., LTD.. (General Director & President: Kenjiro Dodo; headquarters: Que Vo, Bac Ninh Province, Vietnam; hereafter, "NSMV") held its opening ceremony in Hanoi, Vietnam on Tuesday, March 19, 2013.
NSMV was jointly established in October 2012 by Nippon Steel & Sumikin Metal Products Co., Ltd., Sumitomo Corporation, Sumisho Tekko Hanbai Co., Ltd., and Kyoei Steel Ltd., in collaboration with Bacviet Steel Joint Stock Company, for the purpose of manufacturing and selling steel products for architectural and civil engineering use.
The opening ceremony was attended by guests Yasuaki Tanizaki, Japanese Ambassador to Vietnam, and Vietnam governmental members representing Bac Ninh Province, the Ministry of Construction and the Ministry of Transport. President Masuda of Nippon Steel & Sumikin Metal Products gave a speech on behalf of the investors. An investment license was presented to President Dodo of NSMV by the representative of Bac Ninh provincial Department of Planning and Investment, followed by a ribbon-cutting ceremony.
NSMV will start off by manufacturing and selling structural steel pipes, and will widen its business domain by launching new products into the market. . The company also aims to introduce processed steel products for architectural and civil engineering use in line with the market needs of not only Vietnam, but its neighboring countries as well.
<Overview of Nippon Steel & Sumikin Metal Products Vietnam>
- Company name: Nippon Steel & Sumikin Metal Products Vietnam Company Limited
- Representative: Kenjiro Dodo, General Director & President
- Location: Que Vo, Bac Ninh Province, Vietnam (headquarters and factory)
- Business description: Manufacturing and sales of steel building products
- Capital: Approximately US$2.58 million (approximately ¥200 million)
- Shareholder ratio: 48% Nippon Steel & Sumikin Metal Products Co., Ltd.
22% Sumitomo Corporation
3% Sumisho Tekko Hanbai Co., Ltd.
3% Kyoei Steel Ltd.
24% Bacviet Steel Joint Stock Company:
- Number of employees: 53 employees
- Established: October 2012
<Nippon Steel & Sumikin Metal Products Co., Ltd. >
- Location: 2-17-12 Kiba, Koto-ku, Tokyo
- Representative Director & President: Kiichiro Masuda
- Date of establishment: April, 1973
- Capital: ¥5.912 billion
- Investor: Wholly-owned by Nippon Steel and Sumitomo Metal Corporation
- No. of employees: 1,137 employees (consolidated basis)
- Location: 1-8-11 Harumi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
- President & CEO: Kuniharu Nakamura
- Date of establishment: December, 1919
- Capital: ¥219.278 billion
- No. of employees: 5,185 employees (72,087 on a consolidated basis)
<Sumisho Tekko Hanbai Co., Ltd.>
- Location: 1-8-12 Harumi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
- President & CEO: Haya Otsuka
- Date of establishment: January, 1981
- Capital: ¥310 million
- Investor: Wholly-owned by Sumitomo Corporation
- No. of employees: 214 employees
<Kyoei Steel Ltd.>
- Location: 1-4-16 Dojimahama Kita-ku, Osaka City
- President & Representative: Koji Morita
- Date of establishment: August, 1947
- Capital: ¥18.516 billion
- No. of employees: 679 employees
<Bacviet Steel Joint Stock Company (Listed on the first section of the Hanoi Stock Exchange)>
- Location: Hanoi, Vietnam (headquarters)
- Chairman & CEO: Tran Anh Vuong
- Date of establishment: March, 2000 (listed shares in 2010)
- Capital: Approximately VND108.0 billion (approximately ¥400 million)
- No. of employees: Approximately 350 employees (consolidated basis)
<Ribbon cutting ceremony at the opening reception>
Corporate Communications Department,